Everyone has felt the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. As trade fair, congress and event organisers and venue operators, the well-being of everyone involved is extremely important to us. That is why Messe Frankfurt and Messe Hamburg und Congress has developed a concept for hygiene, medical and organisational measures that has been approved by the authorities.
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms of an acute respiratory illness are prohibited from participating.
- The "Mandatory Self-Declaration" must be submitted upon admission. You will find this as an attachment to your ticket and must not be older than 24 hours.
Before the trade fair
- Observance of the travel and quarantine regulations applicable at the time of the event
- Register and document all persons who are working at the stand during the construction and dismantling, as well as the stand personnel with their attendance times.
- When constructing and operating your exhibition stand, the following rules and instructions must be observed in addition to the usual provisions of the technical guidelines of Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH and the applicable occupational health and safety regulations.
- Please supplement your risk assessment with the current risks in connection with SARS-CoV-2 and implement the measures determined by this
- Create your own hygiene concept for your stand, taking into account the phases of construction, operation during official opening hours during the fair and dismantling. Appoint responsible persons, instruct all employees on the measures and check compliance.
- Plan your stand in such a way that your stand personnel and visitors can always maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 metres. Your individual maximum number of visitors will then result from your stand planning and the staff present. Make sure that your stand has sufficient space for movement and use floor markings if necessary.
- If the minimum distance cannot be maintained, take appropriate protective measures. Such measures may include, for example, the obligation to wear a face mask or the installation of transparent protective screens.
- To ensure adequate ventilation, closed ceiling constructions in spatially closed areas (e.g. meeting rooms) are not permitted.
- Exhibits and presentation areas must be planned in such a way that there is no accumulation of people in the surrounding aisles. Sufficiently dimensioned lounge and visitor areas must be planned at the stand. The viewing and explanation of exhibits must not be designed for viewing from the aisle.
- Hygienic measures: Please keep sufficient quantities of hand disinfectant available for stand personnel and visitors.
During the fair
- Maximum 1 person per 10 sqm on the fairground area
- All participants must keep a distance of 1.5m between each other.
- Participants are generally required to wear face coverings.
- Transparent partition walls made of glass or plastic will be installed at all counters where there is contact between employees and participants (e.g. information counters).
- Event halls are ventilated to the maximum possible extent by the existing ventilation system, even during set-up and dismantling.
- Conference and meeting rooms are ventilated after use.
- Lifts are only used by participants who depend on them.
- Stand parties / exhibitor parties are prohibited
- Clean contact surfaces regularly. Principally, surfaces that are under constant use, such as table surfaces or exhibits held in the hands must be cleaned after each visitor contact.
- Containers for presentation of giveaways, sweets etc. are not permitted if they allow the visitors to remove the giveaways themselves.
- If food and beverages are provided, please do so in closed containers wherever possible.
- You and your customers are requested to observe general rules of conduct such as minimum distance, no physical contact (especially shaking hands, hugs), sneezing etiquette.
- The agreement is made with all exhibitors in terms of distance, number of people and hygiene.
After the trade fair
- It is recommended to only take various free magazines with you when you are on your way home
- Signs help to find the right exit and parking place
- There are guides at the fair to help you find the right exit
as at: 4.8.2020More information from Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH